BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sometimes I talk to strangers...


...but only because they start talking to me.
Right before Christmas, 
I was on my way to a celebration 
with some good friends,
and I had to make a quick stop.
I had the following very strange conversation
with an older gentleman and his friend
at the local Dick's Market
as I was finishing up my purchase.
*****
(I'm pretty sure I was laughing the whole time!)
Older Man: Excuse me, can we talk to you for a second?
Me: I suppose.  
OM: My friend and I were just noticing 
that you have a presence about you. 
(That would be my yellow boots talking.)
I would be willing to bet that you play
at least one, possibly two, musical instruments.
M: No sir, I do not.
OM:  No piano?  Violin?  Do you sing?
M:  I don't sing or play the violin.
I did take piano lessons for a short time,
but that was years ago.
I just never took the time to practice...
(and we didn't have a piano...
but that's besides the point...)
OM: Oh, well, then I bet you were a 
straight-A student in school.
M: Actually, no, I was an awful student.
I never did my homework...
(and sometimes I didn't go to class...)
OM: I bet you made your mother cry.
M: That is definitely possible,
but I hope she's over it by now!
(It was a long time ago!)
OM: Did you participate in any school activities?
M: I was in Debate for a while 
and I was pretty good at that.
(Arguing can be fun! - especially when I win!)
OM:  I would never have guessed that...
Hope you enjoy the rest of your evening.
M: Yes sir, you too!
(I really called him sir...)
*****
The moral of the story:
You just never know when someone
is going to call you out on your accomplishments.
(or extreme lack thereof!)


3 comments:

Josselyn said...

That's hilarious! I love your ramblings. :)

Lamb said...

Why do random people talk to you? Well, you and jen I guess.. People just love to chat with you.. maybe it's because you look like you play an instrument:)

Katherine said...

I have run into that EXACT SAME MAN!!! I tell you no lies. He creeped Matt right out!